As promised yesterday, today I made the third batch/version of muffins. After the Cherries & Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins and the Dark Chocolate & Almond Muffins it was time for Blueberries and Dark Chocolate Chips today.
The ingredients were essentially the same as for the Cherries & Dark Chocolate ones, replacing the cherries with blueberries:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g fresh blueberries, washed
- 200g dark (70%) chocolate chips
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 100g butter, melted
Making them was also very similar:
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 180°C, (200°C, gas 6)
- paper cases in 12 hole muffin tin
- sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into large bowl, stir in chocolate and sugar
- beat eggs, add yoghurt, then molten butter. Add this mixture to the flour etc
- add in the washed blueberries
- stir to combine, but do not “overmix” (it’s fine if it’s a bit lumpy. Apparently if you “overmix” the muffins will turn out tough)
- fill the mixture into the papercases and then bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown
Same as before the whole process took just over an hour. Again some will go into the freezer, some will be eaten over the next few days. And one I’ve eaten just now while writing this. Tasted very nice.
I’ll take a break from them now, I’ve got enough in the freezer for a while. But I’m sure I’ll be making some again. For now I’ve got two breads in the oven, baking away.