Not sure why, but I decided I needed to do something different again (although I have made muffins before, but for some reason haven’t made any for quite some time). And for some reason I felt like Cherry & Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins. So I made some yesterday.
Here’s what I used:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dried cherries (the original recipe had 140g, but they came in 75g packs, so I decided to just use them all)
- 200g dark (70%) chocolate chips (the original recipe had 100g each of dark and white chocolate, but I don’t like white chocolate)
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 100g butter, melted
Here’s how I made them:
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 180°C, (200°C, gas 6)
- paper cases in 12 hole muffin tin
- sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into large bowl, stir in cherries, chocolate and sugar
- beat eggs, add yoghurt, then molten butter. Add this mixture to the flour etc
- stir to combine, but do not “overmix” (it’s fine if it’s a bit lumpy. Apparently if you “overmix” the muffins will turn out tough)
- fill the mixture into the papercases and then bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown
That’s all. In total took just over half an hour. Put some in a freezer bag for deep freezing, according to the interwebs they should be good for 1-2 months.
I think they taste nice, the cherries and the chocolate go well together. I think next I’ll try the same recipe with blueberries.