A mid December long weekend is well placed for some home baking (and my first steps with the new Gutenberg editor). Today I’m planning to make some Bremer Klaben and possibly some bread. Tomorrow I’ll definitely make some bread. Yesterday I improvised some Wholemeal Fruit Bread:
- 300g strong stoneground wholemeal bread flour
- 150g strong white bread flour
- 250g mixed fruit (sultanas, currants, raisins, candied mixed peel)
- ~15-20ml Sicilian Lemon Extract
- 6g ready zest / powdered lemon peel (yes, I’m lazy)
- ~10g fast action bread yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pint warm water
Mix, knead, let rise as appropriate, then bake at 220ºC (fan assisted oven) for just over 35 minutes.
Eating it this morning while writing this blog post, tastes nice, fresh and fruity. And I’m starting to get used to the new Gutenberg WordPress editor. I’m beginning to grasp the block concept and I think with a little bit more experience I’m going to like it.